Sunday 7 November 2010

Buggy Blanket

Isabel has needed a buggy blanket for a while now as I'm getting fed up of her kicking off loose blankets that then get dirty under the wheels.  I didn't want to shell out £25 for one that will only fit her for a few more months this winter though, so I had this idea that I would make one myself. 

I made this using a white fleece blanket I bought from Lidl last year, folding it in half and stitching around the bottom end and around the corner to keep it closed. I then sewed on buttons and loops, duffel coat style as I didn't think that I'd be able to make button holes neat enough in this material. The last thing I needed to do was to make holes in the back of the blanket, so that the buggy straps could be threaded through, which would hold the blanket on.

As you can see from the picture below, Isabel really loves her new blanket. I think the colour scheme of the buttons and felt patches really appeals to her, and she does love buttons on most things.




No comments:

Post a Comment